Okay, some of this stuff I learned last week and the week before, but I didn’t have enough coherent thoughts around them to process them.
- Holy carp! What happened to integrity in Journalism? So many thoughts hee
- I agreed with Glen Beck this week. That’s pretty much a sign of the apocalypse right there, right next to plague and famine. If you see a guy on a white horse, we’re pretty much doomed.
- I need to read more things and more different things than I’ve been reading. To quote Haruki Murakami, “If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.”
- I added It Can’t Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis to my reading list, because I’m terribly afraid it just did. Yes, everyone is reading it now. It seems topical and I haven’t read any Sinclair Lewis before. I already have Sinclair Lewis’ Main Street in my Kindle reading queue from a conversation with some of my Minneapolis Knitting Friends.
- Yes, I’m terrified of what the next four years could bring if all the fear mongering in my Facebook news feed turns out to be true. I’m not going to protest or put on a safety pin, though, I’m getting back to my roots. I’m putting on my work jeans, rolling up my sleeves, and going to work.